Total Pageviews

2.11.10

A few movie reviews.

Please note before I begin. I have no vested interest in any of the following titles. And therefore, I gain nothing for any response I may give to any of the films in question, other than my honest, and possibly brutal opinion.

Saw 3D - Horror Mystery.

I might catch alot of crap for this one. But, I actually did-not watch this movie. Instead, my review for this movie, is simple. I question "Why?" "What?" and give my opinion. Why do they continue to give us the same crap, and more over what makes it important because now it's slapped with 3D work? What makes this any less crappy, than the previous ones? Why do you keep trying so hard? Just give up.

Editted for my own personal amusement: Fuck this movie.

Red - Action Comedy

I was suprisingly pleased with this movie. The storyline has value, the action is interesting. The comedy side, hilarious. The cast for the film, massive, and delightful. As far as an Action Comedy genre goes, I'd have to say this one gets a decent 8 out of 10 on my rating scale.

The Expendables - Action/Adventure

Much like with Red. This movie left me wanting more. The storyline was amazing. The action was intense. Some comedic value, the cast brought together many of the bigger names, that would make it questionable at first, but, they pulled it off, and it was awesome. Again, for an Action genre, this was one of the better ones, I have to give it another 8 out of 10 on my rating scale.

Inception - Sci-fi thriller

I went against my friends better judgement, and I watched this movie, or atleast what I could watch of it. The thought behind it was awesome, but the way it was played out, ultimately destroyed the story. The cast was alright, the intensity, was okay, but, it just didn't strike me, as anything more than well.. boring. I give this one a 4 out of 10.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Action/Adventure Comedy Drama

While you get what you would expect, with a disney movie. Family oriented. It actually did not take away from this film in my opinion. Cage did a very good job, which to be honest - It's about time. - Earlier performances have been left lacking. The graphics involved in the movie, were pleasing, the storyline fulfilling. It had it's moments of being downright hilarious. However, they could have given more attention to the main-evil. It still worked out well. 7 out of 10.

Predators - Action/Adventure Sci-Fi

Predators delivered more than I actually expected it would. I started out with the impression that a single character from the trailer, would draw me in. This character, however, died quite quickly, and I had almost felt disappointed, that is until it got more intense. I couldn't stop watching. The plot is old, and it brings to question again, why do they continue, but atleast with this plot, it's not so dry that it was unenjoyable. 7 out of 10.

Twilight Eclipse - Fantasy/Romance

No. Just no. There's honestly no diffrence to the storyline. Girl loves vampire boy, and werewolf boy. They both love her back. The interactions between them are obssessive, depressing, and draining. The only thing that has kept this going is Jacob and company's inability to keep their shirt on. While it teaches the moral value of obssessing to the point of suicide, over any man, to your children, congratulations. Behind the horrible storyline. Wolf boys should stay off steroids. Vampire boys shouldn't get uglier everytime you see them, and shouldn't sparkle in the sunlight. Base human women should have a brain. Like most romances it draws on the unrealistic view of men that women (or guys if you swing that way) could never have. It dives from unproblematic life to depressing draw and kill, without killing. Which leaves me ending this harshly made review by saying, you would have had 2 out of 10 for the effects. I say would have, because you shouldn't make a vampire/werewolf flick unless you're going to murder important characters. 1 out of 10.

The A-Team - Action/Adventure

Now I'll be honest here. Initially I made fun of the very idea of this movie. I thought that bringing back a classic in such a way, was just, well. No. However, Sinn and I watched it anyway, out of what started as boredom. It was excellent. Hilarious. Action packed. Long story short. I'd give this another 8 out of 10.

A Nightmare On Elm Street - Fantasy/Horror

I didn't come into this one expecting much, when I heard that it was someone else directing it, aswell as someone else playing as Freddy. That being said, it wasn't the worst movie, and it didn't come out as bad as I had expected it to be. It still lacks, because well, I don't think anything will ever truly reach it's potential, as far as Nightmare on Elm Street goes. Still, for being what it was, it was still pretty good, gorey, and over-all decent. I give it a 6 out of 10.

And that's my few movie reviews, for this evening. Keep checking back as more will eventually be posted.

No comments: